The flow pack machines produce pillow-shaped packages: packages of crackers, brioches, snacks, confectionery, breadsticks, chocolate bars, cakes, wafers, etc.
This type of packaging guarantees:
- Extreme air tightness
- Good aesthetic results
- Fast packaging.
Let's look in more detail at the features of a flowpack package and some models of packaging machines.
The pillow-shaped pouches of a flowpack machine
We said that a package produced by a horizontal flowpack machine is instantly recognisable because it is pillow-shaped, but also by another unique detail: the fin. The fin is the flap that forms at the longitudinal seal between the two sides of the thermoplastic film: the two edges are joined and then folded, to form the central fin.
Therefore, each package involves a total of 3 seals and one fold. The pouches may have different sizes and various films may be used:
- Shrink film
- OPA/PE laminates and similar.
The products you can pack with a flowpack machine
Flowpack machines are among the most sought after on the market due to the great variety of food and non-food products that they can package, quickly and with low operating costs:
- Brioches, chocolate bars, candy, sweets, chewing gum, bars, cakes, wafers – the sealing temperature is always controlled, to prevent melting parts of the most delicate products;
- Sandwiches, panini, dry bakery products such as crackers, breadsticks, schiacciata, focaccia, etc.;
- Some pharmaceutical products, such as pills or tablets in single packs, or sachets of water-soluble medicine;
- Small objects, stationery products, dishwasher or washing machine tablets, soap bars, single-dose detergents, etc.
The minipack-torre flowpack machines
We have expanded our range with two models of flowpack machines, which operate in the same way but with different packaging ranges; here are our:
- Miniflow 380
- Miniflow 600
Miniflow 380 is the smallest one: fully electronic flowpack machine, with 3 Brushless motors and 3 digital drives. The product loading unit includes a 140 cm long AISI 304 stainless steel top and an emergency stop at the end; it is fitted with lateral guides that are adjustable in width, plastic conveyor flights that are suitable for contact with food, crumb collecting casing and a conveyor.
The touch screen panel is extremely user-friendly and versatile in format changes.
- Machine dimensions: 2200 mm x 800 mm x 1800 mm in height
- Sealing bar with a useful width of 160 mm
- Max 80 packages per minute
Miniflow 600 is the older sister, bigger and more high-tech: it allows the packaging processes to be optimised and all operations, including maintenance and cleaning, to be simplified. It is integrated with a pneumatic telescopic shaft to support the film, a photocell to centre the film and 3 pairs of drive rollers, the last of which is used to bend the fin. The touch screen panel is 7”.
- Machine dimensions: 3300 mm x 1150 mm x 1750 mm in height
- Sealing bar with a useful width of 300 mm
- Products up to 600 mm
- Max 120 packages per minute.
Discover all the features of our flowpack machines by visiting the specific section. Contact us for more information or a free quote!