The first feature that distinguishes a professional vacuum sealing machine from a household one lies in the technology: in fact, only a hood vacuum sealing machine assures the performance required for professional use.
Therefore, let’s look at:
- The difference between a hood vacuum machine and an external suction machine
- The performance of a hood vacuum machine
- The wide range of applications.
Professional vacuum sealing machine: hood or external suction?
There are mainly two types of vacuum sealing machines (for non-industrial uses):
- With external suction: it extracts the air directly from the bag containing the product to be packaged; the bag remains almost completely outside the machine, which also seals the edges.
- With hood: it consists of a tank in which the package to be sealed is placed. Once the lid is closed, the machine creates a vacuum inside the tank and consequently, also in the package.
The operating principle of hood machines assures a higher degree of vacuum and extends the range of products that can be packaged; consequently, the hood type is the only truly professional vacuum sealing machine.
The hood guarantees better performance and a wider range of packable products
Although no professional vacuum sealing machine is able to produce 100% vacuum, the hood machine is the one which comes closest:
- It guarantees a vacuum of less than 10 millibar, while a machine with external suction can only reach a vacuum of 300 millibar at most.
- It allows a greater variety of products to be packed, including fluids and liquids: sauces, soups, juices and condiments can only be vacuum packed by a hood machine, because a machine with external suction extracts a large part of the liquid while it extracts the air.
Let us now look at a few models of professional vacuum sealing machine.
2 models of professional hood vacuum sealing machine
Minipack-torre specialises in the production of hood vacuum machines and has progressively expanded its range to include both worktop and trolley version machines.
The XP series machines are all equipped with useful functions:
- Retrieving the types of product to be packed
- Option of feeding inert gas for packaging in a protective atmosphere
- Easy-Pulse function to simplify programming
- Electronic soft air for gradually feeding the air back into the hood without causing the package to collapse
- External vacuum option, to pack products out of the hood
- Label containing information conforming to the HACCP standard (ingredients, date of packaging, daily lot, expiry date, degree of actual vacuum reached
Here are two examples:
- MVS45 XP, professional worktop vacuum packing machine. A compact and sturdy machine, which can achieve 99% vacuum in less than 25 seconds, and with an air return time of just 8 seconds. It is CE/ETL/NSF certified and has two other useful features: vacuum process tracking and an interactive and user-friendly control panel. Ideal in the Ho.Re.Ca sector.
- MVS65 XP, professional trolley version vacuum packing machine. Ideal to move between production areas, it achieves 99% vacuum in 20 seconds and only uses 6 for the air to return. The vacuum tracking system inside the package, and the state-of-the-art display, to quickly set the necessary parameters and instantly view any technical servicing required, are also available for this model. Perfect for butcher’s shops.
Would you like to find out about the entire range of minipack-torre hood vacuum sealing machines for professional use? Browse the specific section, and do not hesitate to contact us for more information!